Wednesday, September 8, 2010

THE 2nd SCHLUUUUUURP...

Schluuuuuurpity Greetings to you all...
First and f0remost, am HUGE thank-you for schlurping it up and to all of those who showed love on our walls and inboxes las week!Madly appreciated!We hope that we continue to add flavour to you wednesdays/week/months/years/lives.The 2nd SCHLUUUUUURP is finally here. Signed, sealed and as you can see…delivered! Otherwise, we trust YOU are all good and ready to rumble...WARNING: this post is quite lengthily!So hold your breath and BE PREPARED.
Let’s get straight into it….  

A TASTE OF Week 35,2010
Ms. CHERRiE BOMPi
Week 35, started in unfamiliar surroundings, as I was bundu-bashing in the Eastern Cape. Most of it was pretty good, especially the bonding with family. There is just something more entertaining about partying with family than with your friends. Since it had been five years since they last saw me (yes i don’t go "back home" as frequent as I should), many of my relatives were in awe of my growth physically (you know most family never miss that) and mentally.
Although it we were re-uniting due to a family death, the love and joy was still there and that I enjoyed more than the people I met. Having the family tell me of my late father, helped me with the healing of his death, as now I am more emotionally aware of certain situations and how they can weigh down on one if not faced. So forgiveness was the order of the week. In between the merriment and funeral arrangements, I found peace with everything that had occurred in my life...yes in a week. ...It wasn't all bleak....
Went to Ftv in East London, I’m glad I didn’t have expectations, even if I’d them I’m sure it would've exceeded them. I really enjoyed the eye-candy E.L had to offer and have planned to spend my Dec holidays there... I also just enjoy the vibe it’s unlike any place I've seen. People are just genuinely kind, friendly and there’s no yours-mine kind of behavior.

Ms. RAZZ’BERRi BOMPi
So , with all the bleakness in my life pushed out of the way. I stepped into week 25 with “Move b***c, get out the way” attitude. Fighting the funk that stopped me from doing what I wanted to, stepping ‘out of the box’. This resulted in having to booty-hop restrictive people off the dancefloor at the Basement Jaxx gig and going to a club/lounge party on my own, and I LOVED EVERY INCY WINCY SECOND OF IT.

My Friday night took an unexpected turn from what it was meant to be, as Instant Grass blessed me with tickets to Basement Jaxx Presented us by Miller and 5fm at the Waterfront Lookout. It is hands down one of thee greatest parties I have been to in forever, I walked off the dance floor wet(yes, from sweat) and the bestest thing of all, is that I was as sober as a judge! If there is at least on party you MUST attend in your life, it’s a Basement Jaxx gig. Everything about it was top notch. The visuals, sound, crowd(even though we had to deal with dancefloor drama), Roger Goode’s set and of course Basement Jaxx set as they hit us old time classics, bombastic dub-step, electro and deep house lovers dream beats etc…It was murder on the dancefloor. Askies to those of you who missed it, maybe next time-chuckle chuckle chuckle….

Saturday, I after being bailed out on by a friend,  made a lonely mission to the Savanna ‘Dj is On Fire’ with Glen Lewis party hosted by R.O.A.R entertainment and Cappello’s in the CBD- a serious dose of out the boxness(hahaha-even got told upon arrival that there was no hip-hop playing that nite). With no expectations I rolled up on the red carpet, VIP style(dusting dirt off the shoulder) and was immediately swallowed by all yellowness of the venue and good music fresh off the finger tips of Kaunda Muzical. At no point did I really feel like I was alone with the welcoming ambience that the place presents, and who was I to complain with the yummy platters, free Savanna’s flowing(“,) and ample networking! Unfortunately the night came to an early conclusion as the venue got too packed for my mildly claustrophobic self but nevertheless, always the more I can see myself drinking Savanna more often than I used to now and spending more time at Cappello’s for my sometimes very necessary house cravings.Hi-5  to the R.O.A.R crew!

Sunday saw me lazing about watching movies, one of the being SALT(Angelina Jolie…YES PLEASE!).
A great weekend spent surrounded by good energies, greater music and simply just CARPE DIEM-ing!Moral of my weeks st0ry? Live your life like its golden kids. 

.....EVERY MOMENT WASTED...IS A MOMENT YOU CANNOT TAKE BACK!.....

 ...
New brands pop up everyday, like new wines are cultivated and old ones re-branding which made choosing the Quest of the Month for September a tricky task.  It being spring an all, we decided that we would indulge ourselves in a quest to find the yummiest Sauvignon Blanc on the block but at the same dedicate  time to recognize local brands that are pushing passion. So in lamens terms, we on a double quest one being temporary(Sauvignon Blanc) and one permanent. So if you got a brand(of any kind)to tell us about HOLLER!!!

QUEST VICTIM #1: Bellingham Sauvignon Blanc
NOTE: Luyanda isn’t a white wine fan. But this was even to get her spreading the word on this wine like it is the gospel.
It was love at first sniff. From the moment you clasp a glass of this wine in your hands and get a whiff of it, you just know its going to be orgasmic to the tongue.  So fruity and playful on the toungue, it will have you running to the bar screaming for more. We loved it so much, we promoted it to basically everyone we stumbled across at the bar. This wine was made for beachy sunsets, good food and great company…Heavenly.

YUM YUMMiER YUMMiEST!!



innerSiGHT
“I lied. I said you were the truth, you took it as the truth. And now I got you, but I don't want you like that.”-Dwele,Truth
Those are the first few words that spring to mind when I think of settling(in the love relationship context), which is a topic that seems to have come up quite a bit in conversations with friends recently and even on Dr. Phil the other day.
Now for those of you who may not understand the term ‘settling’ in the relationship context, it is when you get into a relationship with somebody who you know has feelings for you but you don’t necessarily feel the same way, but you get into the relationship anyway for the sake of just being in one to obtain whatever pleasure you seek out of it, hoping that you will eventually grow into it.
 In all its distortion, this way of doing things, benefits both parties. The genuine ‘liker’ gets to have the “settler” they’ve been pining for, and the “settler” gets whatever it is that they want out the relationship. However, no matter how much it’s candy-coated…it simply does not work.
Settling is never good. It purely wears out your own pride and self-love. Whycome? The fact that you settling in the first place means that you are lowering the standards/expectations of what YOU feel you are worthy of(practically/realistically because some people tend to get carried away with their wishlists). An example being Khapela(yes, he settled) on Generations who settled for infertile Sara in the hopes of starting a family, even though his heart lies with abused Khetiwe or Lilly on Gossip Girl who married Chuck’s dad knowing Rufus was the love of her life.
Settling is not only unfair to yourself, but more so to the person you're settling with. Loving/liking someone, you expect the emotions to be mutually reciprocated. If it's only supplied more from one end than the other, small problems will be the catalyst of even greater problems in the future. Ultimately resulting in break ups and make ups, giving shape to a toxic relationship (a synergy of negativity), where both of you just bring out the worst in each other. It may seem "crazy, sexy, cool" in the beginning. But like most gangster movies the end is ne’er good.
At the end of the day we all want to be loved and find ‘the one’ that we can “run off into the sunset with” but as the saying goes “all good things come with time”. As twisted as it sounds relationships are investments (emotionally, monetarily and physically-lol), in the hopes that you get all round returns. If you sell yourself short, you will ultimately find yourself wallowing in unnecessary stress and a huge time and energy deficit, time and energy you could have channeled doing something with greater returns(even if it’s by yourself), something that you have selfishly also deprived your “liker” of. Don’t let them soapies, chick-flicks and love songs a.k.a Cinderella syndrome make you a foolish person…It is all fiction, based on SOME truths at the end of it all.
As Lauren Hill puts it, “Never underestimate those who you scar…Cause karma, karma, karma comes back to you hard”

EAR FLAVOUR OF THE WEEK
Ms. CHERRiE: A song I love sooo much. The words just helped with my fantasy of a "drama-free" relationship and the fact its sung by a guy make the song just a tad bit more special. Guess Who Loves You More- Raheem Devaughn. His lyrics braided with his voice make you feel like you're listening to a Dwele joint.
Most have probaly heard it on radio, dmx, or own the album. Beautiful song that inspires me to no longer go back to exes(cause they are 'holding up traffic'-as beyonce would say on "greenlight") or try to settle in relationships that really hav no meaning and bring no positivity in my life(this includes friendships). I guess having been through such helps me gain perspective of how far ive come in personal relationship and the places i should tweak as well. The song truly helps with thinking there will be something bigger and better to come, when all is let go and forgiven(importantly forgiveness of self).

And he has got the looks, making him both Ear Flavour and Eye-Candy of the week...hmmmm.... 
Raheem Devaugh-The Love Experience



Ms. RAZZ'B:Being my first ever “underground” hip-hop album, Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek, Reflection Eternal(Train of Thought) was my flavour of the week. This album marked the beginning of a new chapter in my life back then; my love for hip hop, the beginning of high school and my teenage years. Ironically, it marking yet another new chapter; a new outlook on life and new exciting projects. This album has the ability to heal my bleakest days, bring calm and understanding to a burnt out mind and still make me bounce of the walls like I did back then.


Talib Kweli and DJ Hi-Tek-Reflection Eternal


THE PLOT THIS WEEK….

Not  much to rant and rave about this week, unlike last week.Guess marketers are also on strike. However, the highlight is sure to be the Levi’s& VUZU TV Diva’s Rock gig at The Assembly this Saturday featuring Cape Town’s bestest female disc jockeys and artist! A MUST ATTEND! Check out the FB event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145976995443317) to get info on how to get on to the guestlist for this INVITES ONLY event. 

In the day time you can spill time by checking out the Labia Theatres first spring market, promises to bring good things(http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154252624601055&index=1) and we all LOVE good things! So do the right things and party with the right people(us)…hmmmm!

Phew...Hope you a good schluurp tho….
That's that for now, but keep schluuuuuurping and tell your friends and their friends,friends cousins friends to get it involved and follow the schlurp!


With love from us to you...


Ms. Cherrie and Ms. Raz’Berri Bompi(....p0of*)





2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you guys are scoping Raheem "Radio" Devaughn (smells like Cherri Bompi all over)....maximum respeck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'sappy, pathetic lil me. that was the girl i used to be' lol!! wow..guys like the settling part totally hit home hey, in a super major-pain way cause that is what i used to do back then but thats what they used to do to me, so i shed a small tear. thakn you sooo much for reminding me that im worth the damn!! cause like a badhabbit, 'i cant control the feeling' sometimes but not this time.. Mwaa!! much appreciated. by the way, Aura youre ass knows im tryna stop drinking now u put this shiit up??? lol!! (you breaking my balls man. ah ah ah)

    ReplyDelete