Wednesday, September 1, 2010

THE FIRST SCHLUUUUUURP....



Life is always beautiful, joyous, a miracle to be celebrated. But every once in a while we’ll go through situations that reminds us we won’t always have our way and as the saying goes “a man that hasn’t made mistakes hasn’t made discovery”. Mistakes, pitfalls, failure are made to differentiate the strong from the weak. Faith is what is instilled in us to keep us alive, waking up every morning for which ever passion that’s motivating us at that moment. The belief that something greater, worthwhile will happen and indeed it does and in good time (with loads of dedication and discipline of course). Being inspired by people we have met, the families we have we can only hope by you reading our blog we leave you entertained and inspired to keep keeping on till you reach your measurement of success.



With that said, welcome to Bompi Juice. After lots of thought, procrastination and drunk conceptualization, it is finally here for you to schluuuuuurp it up.

A TASTE OF Week 34,2010:


CHERRi Bompi:
I had a powerful week thanks to one conversation I had the weekend before. Its rarely do I get to be in a stimulating conversation specially when in the climate of good times…. Although it was Bellingham (Sauvignon Blanc) induced and all, I was left feeling very good. Actually more free than I’ve been in a few years. The beauty about strangers, you feel no need to hold back as they have no former reference of who you are and the person you have become. The sole focus is the here and NOW! So the lovely stranger and I spoke of many things, race, family, music, movies and the number one conversation that often diffuses into the masses, gender stereotypes. The battle of the sexes being tested between two strangers it left me feeling enlightened. I have not studied this in anyway but what I reckon masses will agree with that the problem is not truly genders, yes not genders but peoples’ hidden agendas in the relations they have with one another…..


This could also pertain to music, as I attended my umpteenth Party People,lol! As usual it didn’t disappoint. Music, good laughs and times are what Party People incorporate, which could be the reason why they’ve become my month end religious spot.






RAZZ'BERRi Bompi:
Quite contrary to Cherrie, week 34 felt a year long as most of it was spent was wallowing in the muddy depths of my medulla oblongata, trying to figure out what’s what in my life but that just seemed to pull me deeper and deeper into my rut of self-pity, confirming what I knew already. That being, the mind can play malicious games with you if let it control you and you not it...sigh! So for 6/7 days, my daily highlights were cooking mean pots of food(which had my mom ranting for days...-smirk) and whilst doing so seeking refuge in Nina Simone, which helped for the duration of the albums I have, and then later in the evenings at 21h00 the Monday to Wednesday episodes of Gossip Girl( yes, it suprises me as well but it brainwashed me-eeekk).






And then Friday came and I was forcibly dragged out of my lousy disposition to go party. As uncool as it seemed at the time, it was an eye-opener of note...


“It’s about what you do, not what you should do”-Paulo Coehlo. The mind is such a powerful tool that is so often taken for granted. My biggest downfall that week was that I let myself believe that I was letting myself down, flooding my head with shoulds, shouldn’ts and should’ves and I neglected the now, which was in fact echoed by the unfortunate passing of a friend on Sunday morning . But mistakes are portals of discovery, and so I am now back to my acclaimed “crazy” self.


”Dream like you’ll live forever, and live like you’ll die tomorrow”-James Dean

in-SIGHT

With all the introspection that went down and analysing of the people, amidst one of our(the b0mpi's) many ‘adult’ conversations, came up the topic of self-compromise from which stemmed the following thoughts and argument...



We all have a moral core fibre that denotes who we are, and makes us who we are; right? Everything else we become in life is woven by the people we meet and the society we’re living in, humans are habitual and we learn from each other and that controls the circle of life. Having principles does not necessarily mean you’re conservative or traditional as principles go hand in hand with the morals you have as an individual. But means you have something that you believe in and won’t settle for anything but you’re prototype.


So we meet people who come into our live, help us develop good and bad habits we carry throughout our lives. Do these habits infringe in our moral core, no. Perfect example would be being passionate about a particular pop/sub-culture. You doing it purely for the art and if you reap rewards from your talent, so be it. Money is not the deal-breaker in the situation. You break in the industry; plenty of people love your view of the art and hope to tweak what you’re all about, by paying you more money.


Do you then go against all you believe in, for more money (as it makes life easier and makes the world summersault) or you remain the martyr you are, and stick to your beliefs?


This happens every day, where people fall prey tweaking their principles for money ( like it or not, believe it or not; everybody and as in EVERBODY has their price). So naturally you’d think people would just take the money as being broke is not often as attractive as being moneyed. But it seems some tend to keep to what’s real and what’s honest. This also helps me distinguish the difference between the commercial and niche things we come across in our lives (not old vs. new money debate).


So where do we draw the line? In order to survive in this capitalist world, something has got to give not because there is a law/commandment that says so but because of the bed society makes for us to lie in. It seems a lot easier to follow a basic formula to le good life but surely the formula should be drawn in a way that allows for you to fit into it without having to reshape yourself completely to please the peanut gallery.


It’s all good to have the diamonds, and the rubies and the Jacuzzis but then when that all falls away, you only have yourself to answer to. If you think of where you at right now, could you honestly say you are “brave, strong and true” to yourself.


Not saying throw away you Louis bags for krap-krap bags, just cause you want to seem real or levelling down below to fit-in with what seems cools. If you’ve worked for it and it was your dream or intention to do so, live on. But if it not really what you want and you’re compromising your morals and living out of your means, sadly the life isn’t meant for you. Live in your means, chase that paper if that’s your goal and is true to who you are. But don’t chase a dream that’s not necessarily inclined with who you are. So celebrate your differences and embrace your unique self.


With that being said, salute to those who keep their principles before anything that compromises themselves.With no disrespect to the  top dollar 'hustlers', we #justsaying; you are more than welcome to state your case.

EAR FLAVOURS OF THE WEEK....
I N I – Amel Larrieux is my(Cherrie) flavour for the week, the lyrics epitomise what is means to truly be an individual and how you being different or standing out shouldn’t make you fearful or try and conform, but instead celebrates your unusual appeal. Basically teaching one not to settle with what you hear or see, but to ask questions and become more insightful in all you do.



As mentioned, Nina Simone (miscellaneous albums) was my(Razz'B) flavour the week. The strong willed, passionate fighter she was and what she had to say back then was so relevant epitomises my life right now. The differences obviously being, that Nina’s struggle was against a political system and mine is basically myself and life as we know it, hmmmmm.




Another pick me up I had during the week was basking in the ambience of a beautiful bloke named Thaba Wessie… I have chosen him for my flavour of the week. Flavour of the week comprises of men and women(yes, women) whose beauty just makes you appreciate the sense of sight…

Chuckle chuckle chuckle.....


While, Olwetu basked in beauty. I pondered what our quest of the month should be, just add extra ka-PLAM to our woo-PAH lives. And it was with mutual agreement that we wouldn’t restrict ourselves in our quests. Be it finding the yummiest tequila, locating the Nando's with the freshest portugese rolls(yummm!), seeking the dopest items of clothing being rocked(worn) at the mo or simply finding CPT's hot spots....We WiLL do it. Our quest will be revealed at the beginning of each month and updated weekly so that progress can monitored in the quest to find the BEST.Till then, if you have any suggestions on what the next quest should be, please drop them (nothing profane please-we are mommy’s girls).

The plot this week....


My (Razz’B) hectic weekend begins today @ F-TV tonight with Luce, Donna and Sibs as we bust with model folk to Dj Tousaint and Leo Large. Thursday - the Phuture Djs Launch tour, hits the CPT shores and apparently its going down at Butterfly studios( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Phuture-DJs/134300723277239?ref=ts). Friday, sees me indoors(grieving my absence at the Dwele performance in JHB and Blu and Exile in CPT-http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/event.php?eid=151203958228818)in preparation for what apparently is going to be a boomba bust at Capello as they host the “Savanna, DJ ON FiRE” with Glen Lewis( http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118900538162054). It’s going to get silly, although you will be missed Ora Bora Pooper...Exhausted from just thinking of it all, just got to make like a bompi and schluuuuuurp it up.

Feeling of nostalgia is what im about this week, as I am currently in the Eastern Cape.I have come back to my roots(chuckle-from Razz'B) and touching ground with people I hold dear to my heart...Family!Everyday is unplanned but I do however plan on making the most of my stay week long stay here. Still can't get over how red my cheeks are though, from all the coo-ing of how much I have grown since they all last saw me. I am also enjoying the growth that has come about in this place, even though my only options of a good time are either in Vincent Park or Hemmingways AND my eyes are developing major cavities...my word, the eye-candy! Nuff said(yes, Luyanda im giving props to Xhosa brothers)...Happy Spring my good people!(",)

That's that for now, but keep schluuuuuurping!



With love from us to you...


Ms. Cherrie and Ms. Raz’Berri Bompi(....p0of*)


P.S. How do you feel about settling? For example: You have been single for days and somebody who is less than your ideal flavour has a keen interest in you. Would you settle for less and hope it becomes more OR just wait for more till “she/he” comes?




This blog is dedicated to Tinashe “Just Razz” Zaranyika.Rest In Peace Hombre!...

(14.04.1988-29.08.2010).



1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    So I took a schlurp. Or rather, a schluuuuuurp, as you say. Tastes yummy. Not sure which flavour I prefer. But the double razzberry cherri bompi flav works.

    The Plot this week: I'll be at the Savanna gig - VIP - so will see you there!

    Flavour of the week: Brother is fine, but Ms Cherri, I know you can up the level of flavourness in that department. I'll be waiting.

    Ear flavours of the week: I'm feeling that ish. Kinda like an itch you just don't wanna get rid of.

    Comment on settling: It's personal. One will say no and the other say yes. I say do what your heart will not regret. I once settled. I didn't regret it. But it taught me a valuable lesson about a few things. Settling means your already set expectations, whether high or low, are already compromised. Your expectations being compromised means you in general have been compromised. Settling requires you to step out not only of your comfort zone, but out of your happiness zone. Settling, means you have to work to ascertain the kind of acceptance in the other you require in order to be happy with them.

    So, No.

    Don't settle. You might experience pure bliss for some time. But are you prepared to work harder than you should to maintain it? No one, including myself, is claiming relationships are supposed to be care free easy going situations. However, they should not be as risky as blood diamonds. Happiness comes from acceptance not tolerance.

    Be you and be true. No one pays R250 for a cd expecting only one track to be tight on the record.

    Smooches my darling!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete